Friday 31 May 2013

Can all get 5A*-C Inc EN&MA?

Some teachers tell me that not every student can achieve 5A*-C in EN&MA.

I disagree.

Try this experiment.

Think about any mainstream student you know currently in Year 9 or lower who you believe CANNOT achieve 5A*-C inc EN&MA.

Now imagine I give you £1m to spend on that student.

Imagine also that I promise you another £1m to keep for yourself if that student achieves 5A*-C inc EN&MA.

Do you think you could get them to achieve it?

I do.

The issue is not whether every student can achieve 5A*-C inc EN&MA but whether they can within the resources that are available.

It makes you think, doesn't it?

1 comment:

  1. Might it suggest it's not just resources but how we use them and how much time we allow students to grasp concepts

    ReplyDelete